Southern California German Shepherd Rescue
Community Service Guidelines for Students
Thank you for inquiring about doing community service hours with the rescue. We have outlined the following information for you.
We are a non-profit organization that depends completely on volunteerism and charitable contributions. No one gets paid for their time or service. All monies received goes directly to the rescue and pays for veterinarian, boarding, medical rehabilitation, and other costs, to name a few.
If interested or have any questions, please contact Paula Lempert.
You can earn a total of eight hours for your initial service. This is broken into 3 sections.
1. Research SCGSR and defend a reason to be involved (2 hours).
2. Create a visual representation (poster board, looping video, PowerPoint, Presentation, etc.) of your research (2 hours).
3. With either a family member or rescue volunteer, share your message with the public (4 hours).
- Create signage asking for a tax deductible donation. Checks can be made payable to SCGSR. Donations should be mailed to SCGSR, 6161 El Cajon Blvd. #460, San Diego, CA 92115. If your donations contain cash, please contact Paula at the above email address.
- Set up your visual representation outside, at, or near your local:
a. grocery store
c. shopping center
If interested in doing more, you can do #3 as often as you like.
Upon completion or your initial 8 and possible additional 4 hours, we will provide you with a Certificate of Appreciation that you may use for school, work, religious affiliations, etc.